Sunday, November 1, 2009

"The Secret Place of God"


Psalm 91:1 "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."


I remember as a little kid trying to learn how to make shadow creatures with my hands. You know what I'm talking about. I used to watch people that knew how to that and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I actually learned how to make a bunny and an alligator. Boy did I think I was big stuff.
There are 71 references in the Bible that have the word "Shadow" in it. And in our text this morning we see that God has a secret place. This secret place is under His shadow. What a blessing this is. Usually, shadows are considered to be a scary of spooky kind of thing. But here in the Word of God, the shadow is something that is to be an encouragement to us.
When was the last time you went to the secret place of prayer to the Father? The Bible tells us that we are to pray with out ceasing. If we arrive at the secret place of the Father through our prayer lives, then I guess the shadow of the Almighty could be a scary thing if are prayer lives are suffering.
May I encourage you to day, to get out of the heat of this life, and to get under the shade of the Shadow that is in the secret place of God. Get in your prayer closet right now and ask Him to cover you in His calming shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment