Saturday, November 7, 2009

"I'll Use My Burden"


Galatians 6:5 "For every man shall bear his own burden."

In life, no one is exempt from having burdens. They come to all of us. To the rich and to the poor. To the mighty and to the weak. Everyone from time to time has burdens. In Galatians chapter 6 the Bible gives us some insight to our own burdens. We must learn to carry them on our own.

When it comes to our own burdens we need to learn to look at them as a tool. When we have a burden we often say to God, "God I can't be used by you as long as I have this burden distracting me." And yet in my life it always seems to be that God says back, "It was with that burden that I was planning on using you." Turn your burden into a tool that can be used, rather than just allowing it to weigh you down.

The second thing I see about burdens is that we can carry more with our burdens than with out them. Our burdens make our shoulders broader. They make our backs stronger. They make our minds keener. They make our hearts softer. Our burdens will allow us to perform what Galatians is instructing us to do - assist in the carrying of other peoples burdens.

Stop fighting the burden God has allowed into your life and use it to bear the burdens of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment