Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Can't or Won't?"


II Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

"I can't get along with my wife/husband." "My spouse and I can't communicate with each other." "I can't discipline the kid's the way I should." "I can't stop overeating." "I can't find the time to pray." "I can't find the time to read my Bible." "I can't quit gossiping." "I can't be faithful to church." I can't, I can't, I can't......or should it be, I won't?

We tell ourselves these statements all the time. I can't do this or I can't do that. The fact of the matter is, is that most of the time it truly is not that we can't it is that we won't.

In II Corinthians 12:9 the Bible tells us that it doesn't matter what is going on in our lives - We can. We can because His grace is sufficient. In Ephesians 3:16, we can because He has given us His might. In II Peter 1:3-4, We can because of His promises. In I Corinthians 10:13, We can because He has provided us a way out. In Philippians 4:13, We can because the Bible says we can.

What is it that you think you can't do? You can if you take God at His word. Trust Him and you CAN! Do it today. You CAN do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment