Monday, November 2, 2009

"The Uncertainty of Life"


James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."


Here in our verse today, James tells us that our lives are nothing more than a mere vapour. It's here for a while then it is gone. We only get one life to live. We need to spend it wisely, doing the will of God, and preparing ourselves to meet Him when this life is over. As you read this devotion, can you see the vapour dissipating from your life into the air of eternity?

If we were totally honest with ourselves, we would have to say one of two things today. Either, "I am living my life based on the Word and the will of God." Or, "I am going my own way, doing my own thing, rarely considering what God wants for my life." I know that these are two extreme places to be, and that most are going to find themselves somewhere in the middle of both.

Wherever you find yourself today, watch for the vapour dissipating from you life, and do your best to draw yourself closer to God. Let it be a challenge to you, to live your life according to what God wants as opposed to what you want. You only have one life, spend it for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment