Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Devotion for Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009 "Never say Never"

John 13:8 "Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, 'If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.'"

We've all heard the saying before, "Never say Never" Well here in our scripture today, we see Peter telling Jesus that he would never allow Jesus to wash his feet. I think when Peter made this remark, he probably thought he was being spiritual. Well, at least right up to the point when Jesus said, "If I wash thee not, thou has no part with me."

There are a lot of us that are like Peter. We try and tell God what he should do in our lives. And I know that we have good, spiritual intentions, but in the end we are still trying to tell God what to do. I had been saved for almost 15 years before I learned to stop telling God what He should do with and in my life.

Today, don't like Peter, or me for that matter. Let God do with you what he deems best in your life. Notice what Peter's statement was in verse 9 "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head."

Let God have HIS way in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment