Friday, June 26, 2009

Devotion for Friday, June 26th, 2009 - "Rebellious Birds"

Matthew 6:26 "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

It still amazes me at how wonderful our God is. He cares for the birds by guiding them to where the food is. They fly from place to place trusting His guidance. Here's a thought. I wonder if there are any rebellious birds? You know what I mean, those birds that think they know more than God, so they go to and fro just doing whatever they want. I think there might be some, cause I did hit a lone bird with my car the other day. I don't really think there are any rebellious birds, they just don't do a great job at dodging cars going 55 mph.

While I know that there are no rebellious birds, I do know that there are rebellious people out there. The Bible tells in Matthew here, that we are better than the birds, and yet we constantly choose to rebel against the direction God wants us to go. Our way seems better. Seems more fun and exciting. The Bible says in Proverbs "that there is a way which seemeth right unto a man but the end there of are the ways of death." If you are going to refuse God's guidance through this life all I have to say is - watch out for cars! Don't be a rebellious bird, you re better than that. At least, God thinks so.

No comments:

Post a Comment