Friday, June 14, 2013

Genuine Christianity

II Timothy 1:5 "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also."

As consumers, we like the fact when we are assured that what ever product we are purchasing is a genuine product.  We don't want a cheap reproduction.  We want the real deal - we want something that is stamped as genuine.  As a matter of fact, we will usually be willing to pay top dollar for what is a genuine product.

I love the phrase here in our scripture today,  "unfeigned faith".  That word "unfeigned" means that they were genuine in their faith and practice of Christianity.  Timothy, his grandmother, and mother were all genuine believers.  They were not just Christians in name only, their faith in God and in practice was real. There was no hypocrisy in them at all.

I am challenged today to have a faith and practice in my life that there would leave no doubt that I am indeed a Christian.  I am also challenged that most of all that my conduct would leave no doubt in minds of my children as well.  I do not want to be an insincere or fake believer.  I want to be genuine.

Are you a genuine Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment