Monday, June 17, 2013

Well Seasoned Words of Grace

Colossians 4:5-6 "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."

There are 3 parts to this verse that we must consider today.  The first part is the phrase, "Let your speech be alway with grace".  That word alway, does not give allow us any room for anything other than that which is pleasing to the hearer.  The second part is the phrase, "seasoned with salt". What we say needs to leave a good taste in the minds and hearts to the hearer. The third part is the phrase, "that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man". Everybody is different, and you may be able to one thing to one person and something different to another.  When we make sure that what we say has been well seasoned and with grace we don't have to worry about whether or not we have offended who we are speaking too.

These are some principles that I am still learning to apply in my own life.  I don't always consider what I am saying, or at least consider how someone may take what I am saying.  Sometimes how we say something is more important than what we are saying.  I want to become one who is always mindful of what and how I am speaking to others. And may it be well seasoned with grace and love that Christ may be seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment