Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Speaking of..."


Romans 1:8 "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world."

I want you to pay close attention to this verse this morning. I know that it is written to the church at Rome, but I want you to notice something that Paul said to them here.

Look at the last phrase, "that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." Now look at the words, "Your faith". I am being very specific this morning, I know. Just stay with me, the point is coming.

When people speak of you, what do they saying? I have always lived my life as someone who doesn't really care what people think of me. I have thought before, "If they don't like me, tough." Does it really matter what people think of us? Ultimately, I know that the only one that matters is God. However, our faith should be known among other people. I have come to a conclusion this morning, that because of "my faith" it does matter what other people think of me.

When people think about or speak of Aaron Smith, I want them to think of a Godly man that did is best to live his best for the cause of Christ. It does matter what people think.

What is it about you that everyone is talking about? Let's hope it is our faith and our relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment