Monday, August 24, 2009

"Get a hold of this"


Luke 9:44a "Let these sayings sink down into you ears..."

I can remember when I was teenager always hearing my pastor say while he was preaching in church, "You better get a hold of this!" Now, as a pastor myself, I find myself often saying the same thing as I preach. It's kind of funny in a way.

The question we must all ask ourselves this morning is this: how far are we letting the things of God's word sink down into our ears?

It's Monday and most of you attended church yesterday. I know that some of you may not have and that's okay too. How far down did yesterday's sermon penetrate into your spiritual ears? What will you do with what God gave you yesterday?

In Luke 9:44, Jesus is speaking of His own death. He wanted His disciples to get a hold of what He was saying. He knew that one day into their future they would need what He was telling them on that day.

A lot of what we read or hear from the Word of God may not be something that we need right at that moment, but if we get a hold of it when it presents itself to us, how much farther along will we be at that time when we do need it?

Get a hold of this today, you might need it tomorrow! "Let these saying sink down into your ears."

No comments:

Post a Comment