Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Back to School"


II Timothy 2:2 "And the things thou has heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."

It's back to school time. Kids everywhere are disappointed that they have to go back, while mom's and dad's are relieved and more than ready. Teachers have one of the most important jobs there is. They also have one of the most difficult tasks there is as well. Teachers don't only have to teach those who want to learn, but they also have to attempt to teach those who don't want to learn.

I was a horrible student through my elementary through high school years. I was one of those students that didn't want to learn. (Mostly because I thought I knew all I needed to know) Boy how difficult I was. I wish I could go back and tell each of my teachers that I am sorry for what I put them through. Teachers are to be commended. They are a special breed of people, and they put up with a tremendous amount of things no one should have to.

As Christians, we are given the task of teaching as well. We must teach and pass on the things that we learn through out our Christian lives. If the carpenter never teaches how to do carpentry work, his craft will die. If the doctor does not teach medicine, not only will that art die, but patients will die too. I could go on and on. What I am trying to say is this, teach someone else what it means to be a Christian. It's time to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment