Saturday, August 1, 2009

"Try it, you'll like it"


I Peter 2:3 "If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious."


I remember as a child, my parents constantly attempting to get me to try new foods by saying, "if you would just try it, you'd like it." There were times that I would try something and love it. Then there were times when I thought they were the cruelest people on the planet for tricking their only son into trying something so vile and disgusting (brussel sprouts).


My attempt this morning is not to convince you to eat your spiritual veggies, but rather indulge yourself in the only thing you should be consuming in your spiritual lives, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. When you go back to verse 2, the Bible says, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" You see, babies only get there nourishment from one source - MILK. They do not eat veggies, meat, or even dessert, they only get milk.


Have you tasted the Lord? He is good, every time and all the time, He is good. So go ahead, have a sip, taste how loving and wonderful He truly is. He is pleasantly kind and gentle to your soul. Go ahead, try Him, you'll like Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment