Friday, May 24, 2013

Give me thine heart by Pastor Tim Cruse

Here are some great thoughts from Pastor Tim Cruse that I thought you may enjoy.
 

“My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.”
Proverbs 23:26

God wants His people to guard (Proverbs 4:23), guide (Proverbs 23:19), and give (Proverbs 23:26) their hearts. When children give their hearts to their parents, they trust them to protect, provide, and prepare them to follow God’s will for their lives.
Here are ten truths about your child’s heart to keep in mind as you prepare them for God’s will:
  • By nature my heart is sinful and therefore imperfect.
  • I need you to hold me accountable and teach me good character by helping me to think biblically.
  • My view of God and how to trust Him is being shaped by your influence and example. Please teach me how to properly respond to His authority.
  • I feel most secure when there is harmony and structure in the home, and I am allowed to become who God wants me to be.
  • I lack discernment, and need you to keep me from the appearance of evil so I will not be weakened to the evil itself.
  • Your acceptance and understanding means the world to me even though we do not always see eye to eye on some things.
  • Your unconditional love when I have stumbled teaches me forgiveness and grace.
  • Know that I have problems, and do not believe me if I act like I do not need to talk with you about them.
  • Your time is more important to me than your gifts.
  • Never give up on me or stop praying for me.
By Pastor Tim Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment