Friday, April 23, 2010

"Life long learning"


II Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."


I wasn't sure I was going to like getting older. But I kind of do like it. While I don't care to much for the aches and pains that come with getting older, I do like the fact my knowledge of things is always increasing. Getting older isn't really as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

As a young boy and a teenager, I didn't care too much for school. Homework annoyed me, tests and quizzes frustrated me, and reading books bored me. I was not good student at all. I know I frustrated every teacher that ever had me...I know that because most of them told my parents as much! However, now that I am getting older I find myself wanting to learn more. I enjoying reading now more than ever. And I find myself want to increase my knowledge about several things. Maybe it's because I am getting older. I can't play baseball, basketball, or football like I could when I was younger and now my interests are changing.

With all that being said, we have a mandate from the word of God to be always learning. In II Timothy 2:15 the Bible instructs us to study. We must all give ourselves to life long learning. Just because we may not be enrolled in a school any longer doesn't mean we have to stop learning things. Now go grab you Bible, sit down and learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment