Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"We all need teachers!"


II Timothy 2:2 "...the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."
A good English student is not one who follows an English teacher in conjugating a verb, and then when that teacher is gone finds another to follow. No. A good English student is one who eventually learns how to conjugate a verb for himself. A poor student is one who must perpetually have a teacher. We all need teachers. They are wonderful people. I am very grateful for the teachers that I have had in my life. I am grateful because they taught me how to think for myself, rather than just how to rely on them to always be there for me.

In the Christian life, we need teachers too. But just like in school, we cannot merely copy down the answers and never figure out how to solve the problem. We must be taught how to think spiritually for ourselves.

Find a good teacher, learn from them, solve what needs to be solved. Then, go and teach someone else what you have been taught.

I know you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment