Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Let's Get Stirred Up!"

II Timothy 1:5-6 "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned Faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in they grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice and I am persuaded that in thee also. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands."

This is one of my favorite passages of Scripture. I love seeing the Christian heritage of Timothy. I am so glad that I am not a first generation Christian. My Christian heritage goes back at least 5 or 6 generations. Not that there is anything wrong with being a first generation Christian, I for one am glad for the Biblical teachings that have been handed down to me from my distant relatives.

Do you ever get stirred up about anything? Something that just gets you going and you just have to talk about it? In verse 6 Paul tells Timothy that he remembers stirring up the gift of God. What a testimony we could have if we would just get stirred up about the things of God in our lives. Could you imagine the people that we could win to Christ if we would get stirred up. We must get excited about what God is doing here if we ever expect our lives to influence someone else's life. Let God do something special in your life today - Get stirred up!

No comments:

Post a Comment