Sunday, July 5, 2009

Devotion for Sunday, July 5th, 2009 "One Thing I know"

John 9:25 "He answered and said, whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."

"One thing I know." What a powerful statement! Jesus had just healed this man. This man used to sit at the gates of the city and beg for money, food, clothes, whatever he could get. Then one day Jesus passed by his way and noticed him. He knelt down, made some mud, put it on the blind man's eyes, and told him to go wash it off. As he washed the mud off from his eyes, he received his sight. After much questioning from the the religious leaders of the day about how it happened, and whether or not the Man that did this wonderful thing, was a sinner or not. His response was " One thing I know, whereas I was blind, now I see."

What is the one thing you know today? Is it that Jesus Christ died to save you from the place of hell? Or is it something else. Now I understand that we can know for sure several things today. But the most important thing we can know is that we are saved and on our way to Heaven. This one thing I know, I was lost in the trespasses of sin and when I trusted Jesus as my Savior, by faith, he change my life. This blind man's life was forever changed. How is your life different since you came to know Jesus? "One thing I know" What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment