Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Devotion for Tuesday, June 30th, 2009 - "Missed Opportunities"

Galatians 6:10 "As we therefore have opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them that are of the household of faith."

I found the phrase, "as we therefore have opportunity" to be very interesting. Galatians 6:10 closes out a set of verses about bearing one another's burdens, and deals at length with sowing and reaping. Then you get to vs. 10 and the Bible says, "as we therefore have opportunity"

We have all had some missed opportunities in this life. As I think about the ones that I've missed, I could almost kick myself as I wonder, "what could have been" or "where would I be now if I had..."

I think most of our missed opportunities are missed because we are focusing on the wrong thing, ourselves. Look at the rest of that verse, "let us do good unto all men, especially unto them that are of the household of faith." The verse is talking about us taking the opportunity to do right, on purpose, by other people.

Think about the relationships that we have with others. Now think about the relationships you used to have. How many of the old relationships aren't there today due to a missed opportunity? Take full advantage of the opportunities that are placed in front of you today, and do right by all men, but especially those that are closest to you. Don't let the opportunity pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment